REVIEW : My Cookie Dough Manchester

Friday, October 19, 2018

My Cookie Dough is beginning to take the UK by storm and so far can be found in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Cardiff. I’m pretty sure you will start to see them pop up in other locations very shortly, as many people are jumping on the cookie dough bandwagon. 

As you may or may not know, I work in Manchester City Centre and sometimes it can become difficult thinking of new ideas and new places to grab something quick to eat, especially when you only have an hour lunch and are looking for something different to your normal ‘go to’ lunch. With Manchester Arndale only a few minutes walk away and My Cookie Dough recently opening up inside the Arndale within the last few weeks.. I definitely had to take a stroll to check out what all the fuss was about and to try out some cookie dough!


FIRST IMPRESSIONS
After a short stroll from the office into Manchester Arndale, I reached the My Cookie Dough stand which is conveniently set up close by to the food court. The stand is dressed up with the My Cookie Dough purple branding and is situated in the middle of the first floor, with a 360 degree view of the counter so that you can see your cookie dough order being made in front of you.

The menu is clearly displayed at one side of the stand and also on top of the counter where you place your order. As you can imagine the menu is perfect for somebody with a sweet tooth. The My Cookie Dough menu currently consists of;

Cookie Dough - which is a soft baked cookie dough served with your favourite topping and ice cream. There is quite a large range of toppings available and they include milk chocolate, nutella, kinder melt, oreo, white chocolate and raspberry and lotus biscoff.

Stacks - which is layers of soft baked cookie dough with double ice cream. The stacks option includes the s***y brownie, movie night, kinder and nutella, lotus biscoff cheesecake and biscella brownie stack.

There is also the option of Dough Shakes (creamy shakes with cookie dough and ice cream) and Clouds (ice cream and cookie dough with candy floss).. and if that isn’t enough of a choice for you then you can also add additional toppings including pretzels, toffee popcorn, peanut butter and many more.

After having a look at the menu and debating with my friend as to which one to settle for, I decided to try out the Cookie Dough Kinder Melt with one ice cream. Once I placed my order, the cookie dough was heated up and prepared with my chosen topping and ice cream and I only had to wait a few minutes from ordering to receiving my cookie dough. It was very quick service but unfortunately the service was without a smile which was a shame!


TASTE 
I don’t usually tend to eat hot and cold foods together but in this case the warm cookie dough and cold ice cream works well together and I really enjoyed it. The cookie dough was nice and soft and tasted like cookie dough heaven. The Kinder Melt was the perfect chocolate topping and the ice cream was creamy and similar to Mr Whippy / Mc Flurry ice cream. It was the perfect combination for a sweet tooth, although slightly sickly towards the end but definitely delicious if you like cookie dough!

COST AND VALUE 
Prices start from £4.25 for the Cookie Dough and slightly more for the Stacks options. The prices vary depending on additional toppings added to your order. I think the cost is about average when compared to other similar desserts in the Manchester City Centre or if compared with a dessert if ordered at a restaurant. On the other hand, if you consider the actual ingredients involved it can be a little expensive but as a treat every now and then, I would say it is worth giving in to your sweet tooth every once in awhile!

OVERALL 
I really enjoyed the Cookie Dough Kinder Melt and liked the fact that it was fresh and that you can watch your dessert being prepared in front of you whilst you wait. The service was very quick and I only waited a few minutes from ordering to receiving my dessert. The cookie dough itself comes in a neat little box but I found the ice cream slightly melted through the side where the box folds. The only really downfall to my experience is that the member of staff serving was not very welcoming and didn’t seem to be very enthusiastic. I understand that it can get busy especially in Manchester City Centre but a smile doesn’t cost anything!

Overall, I would visit My Cookie Dough again and might try and see if I can tackle the Movie Night Stack next time!



PROS AND CONS

Pros

  • Fresh and tastes amazing
  • Wide choice of toppings
  • Large portions
  • Cookie dough heaven
Cons
  • Box design
  • Service without a smile (unfortunately!)

FOODIE RATING
I give My Cookie Dough, Manchester a Foodie Rating of 4/5. It would have been a solid 5/5 Foodie Rating if it wasn’t for the service when taking my order which slightly let my experience down.

Want to know more about My Cookie Dough? You can head to their website here: MyCookeDough.com . They are also on social media, so feel free to check them out.

Are you a dessert kind of person? Have you tried My Cookie Dough? What is your favourite topping? Let me know in the comments below. 


Keep posted by following on social media:






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. There's been one of these in Birmingham for years now and shockingly I haven't tried it even though I love cookie dough! This looked amazing though and you've written such a great review I might be tempted to get one next time I'm shopping!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great feedback and you should definitely visit your local Cookie Dough! Great blog by the way! X

      Delete
  2. yummy I need to the cookie dough

    ReplyDelete