REVIEW : Olay Daily Facials

Monday, November 12, 2018

I was recently asked to become an Olay Ambassador and was given the opportunity to try out and review Olay’s new facial wipes.. Olay Daily Facials 5-in 1 Dry Cloths. After being picked to team up with Olay, I was super excited for the facial wipes to arrive and to try them out and put them to the test. As a user of facial wipes as part of my daily routine (as well as cleanser, toner and moisturiser) I hope that I can give a useful review on Olay’s new wipes before you take the plunge and buy them from your local store. If there are any questions that you would like to ask after reading my review, let me know in the comments below. 

Most people, if not everybody, are aware of Olay as a brand. Since 1952, Olay have been creating and producing beauty products, expanding their brand world wide and winning hundreds of beauty awards. Olay’s aim today is to build on their understanding of developing ground breaking beauty products that actually work and make a difference to your skin and the aging of your skin. 



As somebody that uses beauty products on a daily basis and as somebody that has incorporated different products into my daily routine, I am not usually a huge user of Olay as a brand. I have used Olay products in the past but have never actually used their products on a daily or regular basis. I was therefore excited to give Olay Daily Facials a chance and let you guys know my honest opinion. 

WHAT ARE OLAY DAILY FACIAL WIPES?

Olay Daily Facial Wipes are similar to your ‘everyday’ facial wipe with a slight ‘twist’. To start with the Olay Daily Facials are packaged in a neat little box with the clear Olay branding. The box contains 30 dry wipes which are activated by adding water. They are textured with tiny soft pockets to remove impurities, dirt and grime. Olay refers to their facial wipes as a mini facial spa, designed to leave your face feeling soft, clean and hydrated. 

They have designed their facial wipes to act as a cleanser, toner, exfoliator, hydrator and makeup remover all in one cloth (5-in 1 Dry Clothes), which are infused with grapeseed extract. They are designed to carry out the following in one use;
  1. Remove makeup
  2. Cleanse away dirt, oil and impurities 
  3. Exfoliate like a gentle scrub
  4. Improve the look of your skin
  5. Preserve moisture and leave your skin feeling soft and conditioned
They are soap free and have been dermatologically tested. 



FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I really enjoyed using Olay’s 5-in-1 Daily Facial Wipes and I liked the fact that they are so easy and simple to use. It’s also great that you can carry them anywhere with you, whether that’s popping one into your bag to work, at the gym, when going away for a short weekend.. whatever the occasion, the wipe will not dry out like your usual wet facial wipes. The conveniency of them is great. 

I like the idea of the wipes being a dry wipe which are activated when they come into contact with water. When the water activates the wipe, it then becomes very soft, smooth and has a soapy feel.. yet not too ‘soapy’.. just enough product to remove your make up and to give your face the cleanse that it needs. It also smells amazing and is not too overpowering. 

Olay also offer their 5-in-1 Daily Facial Wipes for normal and sensitive skin. 

COST AND VALUE
The cost of the facial wipes are usually £6.99 unless on special offer. At first I thought that this was quiet expensive for a pack of facial wipes but when you consider that there is 30 wipes in a pack and each wipe costs around 23p each.. it doesn’t seem so expensive. It’s basically works out about the same cost as other leading facial wipes. If you also only use one facial wipe per day then they are guaranteed to last an entire month and they also don’t dry out like wet facial wipes. 

OVERALL
I’m impressed with Olay’s Daily Facials and they really do leave my skin feeling smooth, soft and makeup free. I did however have trouble removing all of my eyeliner and found that I had to keep rubbing over my eyes to eventually remove all of the eyeliner. This took a little compared to other branded facial wipes. However, they smell amazing and I would definitely use them again the the future. I love the conveniency of them and enjoyed the fact that it left my skin feeling like I’ve had a mini facial spa.

PROS:
  • Leaves skin feeling smooth, fresh and hydrated 
  • Smells lovely
  • Dermatologically tested

CONS:
  • Price - slightly more expensive than alternative facial wipes
  • Struggled to remove stubborn mascara

BEAUTY RATING
I give Olay Daily Facials a Beauty Rating of 4/5. The wipes are so easy and convenient to use and do generally feel like they give your face a mini facial. If it wasn’t for the struggle of the removal of mascara it would have been a rating of 5/5. 

Disclosure: I was given Olay Daily Facials 5-in 1 in exchange for my review and honest opinion. All views and opinions are my own. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments